Marine Technician - Vern Eide Marine
4501 E Arrowhead Parkway
Sioux Falls, SD
The Largest powersports dealer in the area Vern Eide Motoplex is expanding and adding a new location Vern Eide Marine! We will be the regions largest boat dealer with a state of the art facility and a 21,000 square foot showroom! This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new business. We are looking for Marine Technicians.to help in our service faclity
Learn a little bit about us on YouTube: youtu.be/1hx6C9woJ_U
A Marine Technician functions as a skilled-level technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair.
- Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned product to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Water tests product when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' product are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the product.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Drivers License is a must
- Mandatory Drug screening
- Driving record background check